Saturday, May 12, 2007

Ooooooh Christmas Tree . . .


First off I'll tell you a mistake I made on this one. Always leave an unbeaded stitch at the beginning and end of each row. The wobbly edges on the side of this pin are due to this faux pas. I graphed my tree shape, and colored in "lights" with markers. When that was done I used the graph to string my beads from the top down. I made a couple of stringing errors and used the pliers to get rid of an extra bead or two. Once again I used # 6 seed beads for the background and tree decorations. The green tree beads were a gift from a dear friend's stash. She knew I couldn't wait for my bead order to arrive and came to the rescue. These beads are a lovely green and variable in shape. Once again exact duplication is impossible. I do want to try another tree. After all I have till December!

No comments: