Friday, June 29, 2007

Learn from My mistakes!

2. Exact gauge is critical! I was enthralled by the cupcakes in One Skein by Leigh Radford. "Exact gauge is not critical for this project" she says. I am easily sucked in by a cute pattern. It was at a knitting group that I spied coconut frosting yarn in a friend 's knitting bag. Sweetheart that she is, she gave it to me. I began to "bake" my cupcake when I got home. I did the frosting first. It looked delicious! Next I did the bottom part of my cupcake. Guess what happened next. They do not fit together! Now I have to make more Frosting in a larger size to fit my cupcake paper. Perhaps we should have a pool on how many coconut cupcakes in different sizes I will end up with. I am hoping for just two. Leigh says "Be forewarned- they tend to multiply." I don't think this is what she had in mind. Gotta go now I have to knit bigger frosting.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Cute story/experience! Looking forward to more