Saturday, June 9, 2007

Vacation Bliss


My daughter treated me to a couple of days at the Roosevelt Baths and Spa at The Gideon Putnam in Saratoga Springs NY. I can't thank her enough! As soon as I get to a hotel I always start my vacation in the yellow pages. Imagine my delight that there were TWO yarn shops in Saratoga Springs. There are lots of wonderful little shops in Saratoga. You can pick up a resort map somewhere and have a ball. But I digress. Saratoga Needle Arts is a gorgeous place. It's a beautiful space with huge walls of scrumptious yarns, displays of wonderful finished items, books . . . everything. The colors are dazzling! Knitters sit around a table, with tea and cookies, work, knit and talk knitting. It is the yarn shop we all dream of owning! (Come on admit it!) I limited myself to 2 scoops of Joy and a Multifizz for a felted bag I want to try soon. It was not easy to stop there, since scarf yarn was on sale. If you can't go there at least click on the link and get a glimpse.

No comments: