Thursday, August 30, 2007

Fuzzy Caterpillar












Don't you just love a knitting project that allows you knit along and get into that repetitive motion relaxed state? I was working on a bag using Lion Brand Fun Fur in copper. It is at those times that knitting ideas pop into my head. Sometimes they are overly ambitious , sometimes silly. This time that wonderful, hairy yarn made me think of a woolly bear caterpillar. "What would you do with that?" I asked myself. The answer came "you can put it on the blog." With some black Fun Fur swapped with friend I was in business. I stuffed and felted him and attached magnetic jewelry clasps to each end. If you play with him too much, he curls up just like a real one.

2 comments:

Jo said...

My two year old son is obsessed with wooly worms and I have been looking for a pattern everywhere to knit for him. Is there anyway you could share the pattern with me?

Becky said...

I'll do a post with the pattern for you. I guess I'm a little obsessed with wooly worms too!