Saturday, December 29, 2007

Color Me Happy


My hat and fingerless gloves are done and I couldn't be happier. I must say this alpaca yarn is a delight to wear. The hat is warm and soft, and so light you almost forget you have it on. The gloves are the same. Two skeins almost did it all, but I had to use a small bit of a third. That means the hat and gloves weighs just over 100 grams. No wonder these Alpaca critters are so popular. I did get a lot of practice picking up stitches on the hat using double points. I still have my old metal needles and this soft yarn and a lot of stitches led to the obvious result of stitches sliding off the ends. I've had enough practice ! Time to look for more of those nice bamboo circular needles.

Now the question is , would a scarf be too much? Can I stand that much luxury? I wore the hat and gloves yesterday and they are toasty. Of course here in upstate New York, January and February can be FRIGID. I think I'll risk it.

1 comment:

tangled stitch said...

Lovely color and a great job. Like the scarf too. I don't have to take bets I know you can do it. You are a master!