Saturday, February 23, 2008

She’s Got Legs


How old do you have to be to remember ZZ Top singing that song and the commercial for the pantyhose that came in those little egg shaped things? Do they still sell them? I remember they were really good for elementary school crafts. Anyway, there I was, I had flattened my knitting with several heavy books in hopes it would start to look like the picture. I stared balefully at the heap for several days. I didn’t knit the socks, I didn’t knit anything. The socks seemed to be heading for my WIPs when I received an email from Melissa Morgan-Oakes herself! She was very encouraging (see comment on Sock it Two Me) and I was so excited that she had written to me that I took the work out from under the book-pile (where it had flattened), picked up her book and started to work. You can see the results. When you get into the rhythm of it, it’s very easy. The socks aren’t magnetic and they don’t glom onto each other. It’s really hard, at this stage, to knit them together because when you get to each sock, there’s its yarn just hanging there ready to be used. I am very proud of the sock legs and looking at them has given me the adrenalin rush I need to start the heel flap. Again, stay tuned.

1 comment:

melissaknits said...

Beaming with pride that you pulled them out and moved on! Good work!