Monday, June 16, 2008

World Wide Knit in Public Day 2008 # 2

Knit One knitting at Scallions

Knit One knitting in Borders

I so wanted to be with Purl on this momentous occasion , but I had plans to go to Saratoga Springs . I went , but I took my knitting. I did my first knitting in public in the lobby at the motel where we stayed.

My second stop was at Scallions ,a favorite restaurant where I had coffee and worked on my sock. The waitress was kind enough to take my picture.

There was a knitting in public event in High Rock Park at lunch time. I soon discovered that there was also a Flag Day Parade that bisected Saratoga, and I was on the wrong side of the street. So I never actually saw other knitters, but I carried on.

My next knitting in public stop was at Borders. I went up to the bench in the knitting book section. This time I had to snag a customer to get my photo.

My final stop was in the waiting room at the Roosevelt Spa,I worked on my sock, drank spring water, listened to restful music and waited for my bath and massage.

After the bath and massage, I was far to relaxed to knit my sock. My daughter and I went back to Scallions for a fabulous dinner and then back to the motel to chill out for the rest of the evening. It was bliss!

No comments: