Sunday, March 23, 2014

Two Of A Kind


What a lovely trip down memory lane this project was for me.  How I loved making adorable outfits for my children when they were small.  When I looked through my new crochet book this little dress was so adorable I couldn't resist it.  It was a challenge for someone who hasn't crocheted much since the early eighties.  I started one dress and  and worked on it for what must have been over a week.  I managed to get it down to where it flares out and there it got difficult.  Many rows were tried and many ripped out.  Finally I got the bright idea to start the other dress since the tops was just plain double crochet in a circle and I could do that now.  In one evening the second dress was even with the first.  After that as soon as I figured out a new pattern row, I could do it on both dresses.   I was ecstatic when I finished the last row on the bottom.  I know someone with twin girls. I hope the dresses will fit!  I used different color flowers so mother can tell them apart. (the dresses not the girls)  At this point I don't know which dress is which and they are not perfect, but they are finished and they are adorable!   I am thinking about another crochet project, but right now I'm happy knitting another pair of socks.

1 comment:

Kim and Victoria said...

Very cute! I just made my first baby dress (knitted), with some color work, and loved it. I have a granddaughter due July 30. :-)