Sunday, January 11, 2015

First Finished Knitting 2015


 For some reason this year I am off to a slow start with my knitting. My family has become used to getting yarn wrapped up as a Christmas present for years.  My hands are not a fast as they used to be. Well, my first project might have taken awhile, but I am thrilled with the results.  Made with Kroy sock yarn, these socks are machine wash and dry even though they have the warmth of wool.  The yarn is controlled random (I know that is a contradiction in terms.) so the socks are fraternal twins.  I am not able to give up matching completely so I start at the same color at the cuff. After that the yarn takes over control and what you see is what you get.  This was in my stash of sock yarn purchased when my favorite yarn store in Saratoga NY. closed.  I bought 3 skeins.  This pair of socks took two. I searched online and found another skein . I'm waiting for it to arrive. Soon (I hope) there will be fraternal quadruplets  and Amy and I will have matching non matching socks.  

No comments: